In a CNNMoney commissioned study Ponemon Institute researchers found:;-
- 110 million Americans — roughly half of the nation’s adults — in the last 12 months alone.
- 432 million accounts were hacked accounts
It’s becoming more acute,” said Ponemon Institute head Larry Ponemon. “If you’re not a data breach victim, you’re not paying attention
The CNNMoney article points to recent examples of large hack attacks:-
- 70 million Target customers’ personal information, plus 40 million credit and debit cards
- 33 million Adobe user credentials, plus 3.2 million stolen credit and debit cards
- 4.6 million Snapchat users’ account data 3 million payment cards used at Michaels
- 1.1 million cards from Neiman Marcus “A significant number” of AOL’s
- 120 million account holders
- Potentially all of eBay’s 148 million customers’ credentials
Full article here.