Preparation is often the best way of ensuring you have the right protection.
The Consumer Federation of America have worked to put together some excellent quizzes that will help you understand the potential impact of an Identity Theft and several IT Security threats and risks.
Test your Identity Theft knowledge by participating in any or all of the following Identity Theft Quizzes.
- Pretend that your identity’s been stolen and learn how to get it back by correctly answering questions in the Federal Trade Commission’s ID Theft Face-Off Quiz.
- Learn how to keep your wireless Internet connection secure and fend off intruders by taking the Federal Trade Commission’s Invasion of the Wireless Hackers Quiz.
- Don’t let spyware sneak onto your computer to give others a peek at information you enter online. Get wise to the spyware guise by taking the Federal Trade Commission’s Beware of Spyware Quiz.
- The techie spy and his cunning crew are out to get your personal information. Stop them cold and prove you’re ready to protect yourself online by cracking the Federal Trade Commission’s Case of the Cyber Criminal Quiz.
- You’re in big trouble at work because your laptop’s been stolen and the information on it wasn’t secure. It won’t happen again if you take the Federal Trade Commission’s Mission: Laptop Security Quiz.
- Phishers are looking to lure you into providing your personal information with bogus emails and pop-ups. Will you take the bait or live to swim another day? Find out by taking the Federal Trade Commission’s Phishing Scams Quiz.
- Identity thieves use many methods to steal your key personal and financial information to sell, use to drain your accounts, or set up new accounts using your good name. How much do you know about identity theft, related fraud, and how to reduce your risks? Find out and have some fun by taking the University of Oklahoma Police Department’s Identity Theft and Fraud Quiz.
- Are you at risk for identity theft? Take the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse Identity Theft IQ Test to see how you rate.
- Identity theft affects people of all ages, including children. Test your knowledge of child identity theft by taking the Identity Theft Risk CheckSM Quiz, a quiz designed by the National Sheriffs’ Association and the National Foundation for Credit Counseling.