The report is based on an industry wide survey, and addresses the detection, prevention and management of online fraud.
The Cost of Fraud
On average, the percentage of annual online revenue that businesses expect to lose to payment fraud in 2010 has dropped from 1.8% to 1.6%.
The survey revealed that this does vary dramatically by merchant size:
- very large businesses expected to lose £365,500 to online payment fraud, equating to an average of 1.5%
- Large businesses expect to lose £173,500 (1.2%)
- Medium businesses £66,000 (2.4%)
- Small businesses £3,500 (1.5%)
The report delivers:
- Key fraud metrics, including review and order reject rates
- Most widely used fraud detection tools
- Chargeback practices; re-presentment and win rates
- Merchants’ fraud management priorities for 2011
Download the report here, required registration.