In promoting their Internal Security Assessor Training in Dublin the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) sent an email quoting the Verizon Data Breach Investigation Report 2011 statistics:
- The average cost of a breach event is $7.2 million
- The average cost per compromised record is $214
The reason they were using the statistics in their promotional email was because they believe in the value of their Internal Security Assessors qualification and with the PCI SSC’s European community meeting in Dublin next month they are encouraging people to register and learn the skills required to improve PCI DSS compliance.
The promotional wording for the course is “Enhance your organization’s data security with an investment in training this year – and realize these benefits:”
- Improve your organization’s understanding of PCI DSS
- Facilitate interaction with a QSA for your organization
- Enhance payment card data security and manage compliance costs
- Simplify year-round compliance efforts
The Dublin dates are 18-19 October 2012.